Part Time Universal Worker-Cherokee
The Gardens at Cherokee is interviewing Universal Workers! This role is assigned to residents by the registered nurse and performs services for the resident as necessary to serve their needs. A successful candidate is hard-working, has excellent communication skills, reliable, and is passionate about working with the elderly.
This position includes evenings, every other weekend and holiday rotation.
- Perform personal care activities for residents.
- Assist with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
- Perform household services essential to assisted living, including but not limited to:
- Meal Preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Assisting with activities
- Report changes in the tenants condition and needs to the registered nurse or Director.
- Complete the appropriate records to document cares given and pertinent observations.
- Respond and attend to tenants request promptly.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the team, tenant, and family members.
- Maintain a safe tenant environment.
- Maintain tenant confidentiality.
- Be fully knowledgeable on the facilities policies.
The universal worker must be adaptable to a variety of environments and settings in the community. The Universal worker must be able to talk in person/telephone, hear, see, sit, walk, be continually mobile, crouch, kneel, stoop, twist, turn, pivot, climb, balance, reach, grasp, push or pull 50-75 pounds or lift or carry 20-50 pounds
Apply today online and become part of this amazing team! For any questions, call Amy at (712)225-2999.